Upstream working to create economic development for foreign exchanges and their issuers with streamlined dual listings on Upstream’s global trading app
By Fernanda De La Torre
As it stands today, it is difficult for international investors to buy U.S. and Canadian listed securities. Retail investors outside the U.S. and Canada don’t typically have streamlined access to purchase NASDAQ, NYSE, OTC, TSX, TSX.V, CSE or shares from smaller exchanges around the world without going through a cumbersome process. This may be limiting issuers ability to raise capital, increase liquidity and access new investors.
Upstream is a part of MERJ Exchange, a regulated national securities exchange. We’re offering companies that are already listed on stock exchanges such as NASDAQ, NYSE, OTC, EURONEXT, ASX, NSX, TSX, CSE, LSE, etc., to dual list on Upstream and access a global, digital-first investor base that can trade their shares using an app from anywhere in the world.
We are proud to announce our Exchange Dual Listing Program for 2024, working to increase economic development for foreign exchanges and provide their issuers with streamlined dual listings on Upstream’s next generation, global trading app.
What can this program do for your exchange?
Upstream is working to create mutually beneficial wins for local exchanges, issuers, and economies that may face the following hurdles:
- Limited access to a global audience. Current markets for domestic issuers are primarily catered to local investors without streamlined access to a global audience.
- Limited liquidity and trading hours. Local trading hours and fewer direct investor access points to the market may affect liquidity and trading volume.
- Limited technology integrations. Many foreign markets lack an app-based trading solution to reach modern investors seamlessly worldwide.
Upstream works to address these roadblocks and provide these benefits to your exchange
- Increased access to a global audience. Upstream puts marketing at the forefront of the dual listing. This includes access to over ~$75,000 of promotional value for your issuers from Upstream’s media community to amplify their dual listing. Issuers may also take advantage of Upstream’s detailed user guide for PR, social media, and email templates, and our integrated web3 shareholder engagement tools including a free commemorative digital collectible made available to all Upstream users. Issuers may also engage investors with digital coupons (NFTs) redeemable for products and experiences to build shareholder loyalty, capture new customers, and help create ongoing sales potential locally and globally.
- Increased liquidity potential and trading hours. Upstream is available globally (non-U.S) and has expanded trading hours 20 hours a day, 5 days a week. Traders can fund their account with credit, debit, PayPal, USD, or USDC stablecoin.
- Advanced technology integrations. Upstream features an advanced, global securities trading app with streamlined onboarding, in-app KYC identity verification, and T+0 trades and settlement to increase shareholder value and support issuers’ global growth. Upstream also has transparent orderbooks that actively prevents market manipulation for international investors to trade securities seamlessly and securely.
Upstream aims to expand a global trading ecosystem where efficiency, fairness, and accessibility are enforced by smart-contract technology.
Our approach is not to compete with local markets but to complement them with increased visibility, liquidity and volume potential from shares trading locally and globally.
Upstream was built to become a premiere global trading hub giving domestic exchanges and issuers exposure to digital-first investors around the world while offering investors access to purchase shares in forward-thinking companies directly from an app.
To learn more about working with Upstream to streamline dual listings for your issuers and unlock the full potential of your local market, visit https://upstream.exchange/ or reach the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
U.S. persons may not deposit, buy, or sell securities on Upstream.
This communication shall not constitute an offer to sell securities or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities in any jurisdiction where such offer or solicitation is not permitted. NFTs have no royalties, equity ownership, or dividends. NFTs are for utility, collection, redemption, or display purposes only. Anyone may buy and sell NFTs on Upstream. All orders for sale are non-solicited by Upstream and a user’s decision to trade securities must be based on their own investment judgment.
This communication contains “forward-looking statements.” Such statements may be preceded by the words “intends,” “may,” “will,” “plans,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “projects,” “predicts,” “estimates,” “aims,” “believes,” “hopes,” “potential,” or similar words. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, are based on certain assumptions, and are subject to various known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the Company’s control, and cannot be predicted or quantified, and, consequently, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks and uncertainties associated with (i) difficulties in obtaining financing on commercially reasonable terms; (ii) changes in the size and nature of our competition; (iii) loss of one or more key executives or brand ambassadors; and (iv) changes in legal or regulatory requirements in the markets in which we operate. The Company assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.